Paradigm Shift is a tight-knit guild on the Project 1999 Blue Server. We are currently recruiting excellent players of every class to raid Velious and Kunark content and adventure together in Norrath.
If you are interested in joining the guild, here are the steps that you must take:
- Submit an application by following the link on our home page (Apply to Guild) -- this officially starts the process
- Reach out to your friends and acquaintances within the guild. Let them know that you have applied
- Ask for an officer to confirm your application has been submitted and follow-up with any questions
- Reach out to recruitment officer Baylan or ask for any officer if he is not online.
- Paradigm Shift does not have a defined trial or application period. New members will be admitted when they have received at minimum 2-3 proper recommendations from current members. Some applications take longer than others. Be patient.
- Applicants need to make an effort: get to know members, group with us and ask to tag along on raids and activities. Making a good impression and putting forth effort will greatly help your chances of joining the guild. Our members are generally very relaxed and friendly and enjoy playing alts, questing and farming while not raiding. Get to know us!
- In general, we ask that you demonstrate you are an attentive and helpful player. If you're overly concerned about loot or expecting a big drop every week there are other guilds for that. Hot heads and disruptive personalities are frowned upon. Attitude and good character are the most important things you can bring to the table. Show us that you belong here.
- Recruitment begins by submitting an application on the guild website via the "Apply to Guild" link.
- Recommended levels of new recruits are posted on the guild web page. Most classes are set to 60, as we are deep on active members of those class. This is not a hard and fast requirement, however. If you demonstrate a great attitude, willingness to level and come highly recommended, the minimum level can be waived. Generally, with the content we do, level 55+ is a good rule of thumb.
- Recruits will need at a minimum 2-3 solid recommendations from veteran Paradigm Shift members to be admitted. This is really key, as you will need to get to know members and ask them vouch for you. Applications can be denied or put on hold for any reason.
- Recruits must be up front during the process if they have characters in other guilds. Failure to disclose this information during the application process will result in a denied application or removal from the guild. Honesty is the best policy.
- Paradigm Shift does not require applicants to have specific items or a certain level of gear to join.
- While we don't gear checks recuits as a requirement, it is very helpful if members come prepared to our raids. Most of our members carry Midnight Mallet, Reaper of the Dead, Shiny Brass Idol, Ring of Shadows, Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap, Stinging Wort Potions and Resist Gear, among other things. This helps ensure very successful raids.
- The guild offers free recharges of any consumable to our members. The initial cost is minimal. Come prepared!
If you have any questions at all about joining the guild, please ask for an officer in game.